Welcome to MRET!
McCarty Real Estate Team
Beautiful one floor condo with fantastic views of the Beaufort Range. Spacious 1500+ sqft two bedroom with two bath in downtown Comox has a lovely open concept feel. A kitchen ideal for entertaining, two sets of sliding glass doors out to your patio facing the ocean and a huge laundry room with plenty of storage. This location is peaceful and private and at the same time minutes walking distance to all amenit...
This well maintained 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite in Wintergreen Condos is move in ready! The bright kitchen awaits you with modern updates, the living room with a gas fireplace and balcony, and the laundry room is large enough to double as a utility room. The large master bedroom fits a king bed comfortably and comes equipped with "his and hers" closets leading into the ensuite. This unit accommodates for scoo...
You'll find this little gem in beautiful condition. With 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms, the layout of this house is perfect for a young family, with the main floor occupying all living space with the bedrooms upstairs all tucked away. The living room has a cozy natural gas fireplace, the kitchen is updated and classic and the designated dining room adds to the feel of true family living. Upstairs, the master...
This East Courtenay rancher is in a quiet cul-de-sac and was custom built by McQueen Construction. Offers 3 bedrooms 2 bath with ensuite off the master. Over 1600 sqft with beautiful hardwood flooring. Other features include cozy gas fireplace in the living room, gas range in the kitchen with stainless steel appliances, gas hook up on your private back deck. This home is in brand new condition. With a built-i...
Second floor, bright & renovated 2 bedroom condo in central Courtenay. Welcoming front porch leading to spacious entrance with dual closets. Updated galley kitchen with new appliances, open living/dining, 4pc bathroom and 2 bedrooms. Meticulously maintained and cared for with new flooring, blinds & paint throughout. Excellent use of sqft with lots of closets & in-suite laundry. Private covered balcony offers ...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015